Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Snark Week Book Blogger Challenge: Day 2


Day 2: Feeding Frenzy


The Top Ten Worst Books You've Ever Read

Fortunately I haven't read that many bad books so some of these aren't horrible but they're the ones I could think of. I tried to put them in the best order that I could think of, number 1 being the worst.

1. Tiger's Destiny by Colleen Houck (uggh, I have an explanation for this one here)

2. A Second Chance for Christmas by Nasheen Sadir (I was so confused throughout the entire book, review here)

3. Perverse by Larry Rodness (just wasn't my cup of tea, review here)

4. The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer (I'll count this as one, I chalk this up to my middle school underdeveloped brain)

5. The Mating Call by Marie Stephens (review here)

6. Cyrus by M.J. Fields (I was completely underwhelmed and the book was completely underdeveloped, review here)

7. The Crystal Ordeal by M.G. Deckle (also underwhelming, review here

8.  Tiger's Voyage by Colleen Houck (same series as #1, wasn't as horrible but still up there)

9. Doing it Wild by Clarissa Wild (extremely short [35 pages] and not worth even that amount of time, review here)

10. Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad (I've had to read this for various classes several times and I just can't get into this book, maybe because it's a school-ish book but I just don't like. It's not the worst book I've read in terms of the way it's written but I think it's really bad)

What are some of your worst books ever?

6 comments:

  1. I've only read the Twilight series on your list. While I wouldn't say it was the best books ever - I did enjoy them when I read them. Something about them - I can't even figure it out. Must be what other people say about FSOG and I just don't get lol. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the first book in the Tiger's Curse series but never cared enough to continue. I read Twilight when I was in middle school too, I kind of want to reread just to see how much my thoughts have changed on the series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of the books on your list except for the Twilight series. And I did like those books. But I actually haven't heard of any of the others!

    My Snark Week Post
    Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only book that I've read on your list was the Twilight series. I didn't mind them. There were a few parts that really enjoyed.
    Monique @ Mo_Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you mentioned having to read Conrad for a class, I remembered that my daughter had to read Neil Gaiman's "American Gods" for a college class. I had bought it for my husband based on positive reviews, but he could never get past the first chapter. "How bad can it be?" So I told my daughter I'd read it with her, so we could talk about it, giving insights to the paper she had to write. OMG! I'm not sure which of us had to beat ourselves harder to finish it. I think she only skimmed the ending because it was too much of a slog for her. I didn't think I was capable of hating a book so much. Now I see it's being made into a TV series, and there's a sequel, and Gaiman is still getting lauded as a great American writer. I just don't see how.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only read Twilight and I do love that series. I know it's not great, but I found it enjoyable between all of the eye rolling and wanting to yell at the characters. :P

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment about this post or whatever :)
Thanks for reading and commenting.