Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Second Chance for Christmas Review

Title: A Second Chance for Christmas

Author: Nashin Sadeer

Genre: Romance

Publish Date: November 7, 2013

Publisher: Matador

Length: 255 pages

Format: paperback, ebook

___________________________________________

Description (From Amazon): Nathan is a single father with a son named Stefan. He was married to a woman named Emily, but she unfortunately died when Stefan was three years old. Torn apart by grief, Nathan was full of remorse, shut himself away and became a workaholic. 

Emily was everything for Nathan, and his life has still not gotten better. He has been living his life in sadness, and not realizing that he was hurting the most precious thing to him: Stefan.

But this Christmas, things are about to change. A young woman, Kate, has come into Nathan's life and he has fallen in love with her. She's the first woman since Emily's death. Kate has an important mission that she has to achieve before Christmas. However, she is hiding something from Nathan, and he doesn't realize who Kate actually is until she reveals her true identity on Christmas Day.

My Review: Truthfully, I tried to get into this book but I found it extremely difficult. Much  of the book is written in halting and proper sentences. There were also some obvious statements. Actually, it was the first sentence: "On November 23rd 2012 was a cold day and Nathan was in his splendid office, located on the top floor." that did it for me. They also make it very difficult to become interested in the story. Quite honestly, I could not finish this book. I think the concept and what I did read seemed like a good story. It seems like a Christmas story of redemption for a neglectful single father to find love and reconnect with his son. However, I could not get passed the beginning and the writing style.

Overall: Overall, I think the concept of this novel was very good but the execution could have been a lot better. I give A Second Chance for Christmas 1.5 stakes. I wish I could have liked it better but I just don't think it was right for me.

Where to Get Your CopyAmazon | Barnes & Noble

Please leave a comment and tell me if you've read this novel. 
If you have, what did you think?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, I just finished this and had the same feelings.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment about this post or whatever :)
Thanks for reading and commenting.