Thursday, January 9, 2014

Outside the Coffin: The Strand Bookstore


This is the magical place in New York City that I am dying to go to. It is the Strand Bookstore. It was opened in 1927 on Book Row. Book Row, which sounds amazing by the way, was located on Fourth avenue, covering six blocks and holding forty eight bookstores. They say that it is 18 miles of books which sounds like absolute heaven to me. Apparently, the store currently holds over 2.5 million books. They are new, used, rare, and out of print books.


I can imagine spending hours and hours in this store searching every shelf. However, I know that I would need a shopping cart or about 4 or 5 pack mules to carry all of the books that I will inevitably pick up. Also, I would end up completely poor after probably only one hour in this store. As soon as I saw the Strand I thought: 


and


Last year I took a trip to New York with my mom and completely forgot to go to The Strand. What makes it even worse is that I discovered that while I was walking I was only one block away but I turned the opposite way. :( I was so upset, I wanted to cry. I have such a passion for books and I know a lot of you do too. I know one day I will get to go to The Strand and I cannot wait until I do.

Question: Has anyone ever gone to The Strand? What was it like and what did you buy, if anything?

Also, check out The Strand website here

5 comments:

  1. seafoods are great because they are really tasty, i think that almost all seafoods are super duper tasty;; SEO Las Vegas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I appreciate your input to this matter. It has been insightful. my blog: how to eat a girl out fortnite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post however , I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this subject? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit more. Bless you! cheap youtube views

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I'm at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone 3gs! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the superb work!

    Review my page please: 오피사이트

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment about this post or whatever :)
Thanks for reading and commenting.