Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Doing It Wild Review

Title: Doing It Wild

Series: Doing It #1

Author: Clarissa Wild

Genre: New Adult, erotica, romance

Publish Date: July 18, 2013

Publisher: Clarissa Wild

Length: 35 pages

Format: ebook (Amazon)

______________________________________________________

Description (from Goodreads): Rich girl Grace Bennett is forced by her father to get engaged with a guy of his choosing, so he can expand his company. She wants to escape this unwanted marriage and runs away from home, only to meet handsome, funny, and hardworking Finn Wood. Getting a taste of freedom, it's a hot night together with him Grace will never forget.

*This is an explicit, erotic romance for adults only! Contains steamy, 
hot sex between two fantastic characters.*

My Review: Doing It Wild is a short story that can be taken several ways, some positive, some not. I chose to see it as a quick romance or fling between two unlikely characters. Grace is bring forced to decide between a list of suitors that her father lines up for her in order for him to expand his business. These men are actually waiting in her house to be "interviewed," I guess so that Grace can make her decision. This reminded me of a scene in the movie Penelope with Christiana Ricci. I liked that Grace stands up for herself and runs away from her situation because I do not think that she had to be in it in the first place. She is an adult so I do not see why she stays other than the money. Upon running away Grace spies on construction workers and becomes captivated with Finn Wood. Grace and Finn go on to have what appears to be a fling, although the presence of two other short stories in this series leads me to believe that their relationship will further develop in later installments. The relationship between Grace and Finn confused me slightly because they did not know each other long and seemed to be quickly falling in love with each other, at least from Grace's point. Also Finn's secret bothered me and the fact that Grace was able to completely ignore it as if it didn't matter. I feel that if I was in the same position I would want to know more about it.

Overall: In general I did like Doing It Wild because it was a quick and fun read. However, if you are looking for a more developed romance I would recommend reading the rest of the series for that. I did like this story and would be interested in reading the rest of the series. I give Doing it Wild 3.5 stakes.

Get to Know the Author (from Amazon)Clarissa Wild is the erotic romance author of the Doing It Series and the Enflamed Series. She is an avid reader and writer of sexy stories about hot men and feisty women. Her other loves include her furry cat friend and learning about different cultures. In her free time she enjoys watching all sorts of movies, reading tons of books and cooking her favorite meals.
Join her newsletter: here
Check out her website: here
Add her on Twitter: here
Add her on Facebook: here

Get Doing It Wild NowOn Amazon

Let me know what you think of Doing It Wild and if you have ever read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment about this post or whatever :)
Thanks for reading and commenting.