Monday, July 1, 2013

Review of Cheyanne Young's Motocross Me



Title: Motocross Me
Author: Cheyanne Young
Published: Jun. 26, 2013
Publisher: 336Love
Genre: Young Adult
Description from Amazon.com: "When Hana Fisher moves to small town of Mixon, Texas to live with her dad, she dreads having to work at the boring pile of dirt he fondly calls a motocross track. But when she gets there, she finds the rinky-dink dirt bike track from her childhood has grown into the most respected racing track in the state. Now popular by association, Hana endures the pain and sweat of working in the summer heat in order to fit in with a sport she's growing to love. She gets a real family, a best friend and not just one, but two of the fastest racers trying to win her heart. When Hana abuses her status as the track owner's daughter to help the gorgeous Ryan Russo cheat in the biggest race of the year, she risks more than just losing her job. Every good thing in her life is at stake now - her friends, her dad's trust, and Ash Carter - the kind-hearted racer who may not be as alluring as Ryan, but is proof that nice guys don't always finish last."

Memorable Quotes: "Seven and a half minutes later I have the perfect message on my screen:  Hey you, what's up?" ~ When I read this sentence a smile immediately spread across my face because this sounds exactly like what every teenage girl goes through when she has a crush.
~and~
"You're wrong. It's the perfect time." ~ Out of context this sentence does not seem important but it is something that I was waiting for throughout half the novel.

My Review:  When I began Motocross Me I did not know what to expect because I do not know anything about motocross. I learned somethings about the sport along with Hana. The budding relationships between Hana and Ryan then Hana and Ash were intriguing and typical teenage relationships. I loved Ash because he seemed deeper and more sophisticated emotionally than the average teenage boy. Ryan provided the perfect foil in that as a reader you immediately recognized him as the conceited jerk that he is. I became immersed in the motocross world and saw myself in the stands during the race. Young made me what to find out more about motocross and possibly watch it now. I was slightly annoyed with some of Hana's actions but they were made up through her interactions with Ash and his family. Ash's family became so endearing to me and I love all of them. Their situation(s) made my heart break but I loved the way the motocross family came together to support them.

Overall: I would give Motocross Me a (4/5) stars. This novel made me smile and seemed like a movie to me. The characters were well developed and fit together to make a family that cared about each other even if they are not related to each other. 

Get Motocross Me now:  on Amazon.com

1 comment:

Please leave a comment about this post or whatever :)
Thanks for reading and commenting.