Monday, December 23, 2013

Musing Monday #11

Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week...
  • Describe one of your reading habits.
  • Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you choose that/those book(s).
  • What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
  • Tell us what you're reading right now – what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren't) enjoying.
  • Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
  • Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books – let's hear it, then!
Right now, I am working on reading Stephen King's Under the Dome. I have attempted to read this book several times in the past but I always get sidetracked or caught up in other things. I always seem to stop after the first two chapters. Now that there is a television show based on this book I really want to read it so I can watch the show. Usually I read very quickly and I like to read a book straight through; however, seeing as how this book is 1072 pages long and it's the holidays, I will probably be reading this book over a period of time. 


I think I might want to read this book slowly so that I can truly understand it since it is such a lengthy book. Last year I read Leo Tolstoy's Anna Karenina and I absolutely loved it, however I had to read it in parts over a couple of months so that I could truly appreciate the work. I might post small posts about the book while I read this book also.

Please leave a comment and tell me what you think of Under the Dome. Have you read it or watched the television show? What are your experiences with it and other Stephen King novels. Also, don't forget to share your Musing Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment about this post or whatever :)
Thanks for reading and commenting.