Tuesday, July 8, 2014

What I'm Currently Reading | July 9, 2014

So while the name of my blog is Once Upon a Coffin and I love paranormal books, my taste in books tends to be a lot more varied. I think that has sort of become more apparent in the fact that my reviews aren't really centered in the paranormal genre.

Currently I am reading three books, two of which I have been reading for a while which is surprising for me because I usually read a book in one day.
I am reading Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie, A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin, and Better When He's Bad by Jay Crownover.

______________________________________________________________

I love Peter Pan. I love the characters, the plot, the quotes, and the life messages that come from this story. I have a Peter Pan tattoo on my leg because, to me, the story represents never letting go of the child-like qualities in yourself and to never take life for granted.

A little while ago, I decided to actually read the book slowly because, while many may consider it a children's book. There is NOTHING childish about this book. It is a complicated story with figurative language and complex dialogue that can be confusing at times. So I decided to take it slowly and throughly enjoy it.

______________________________________________________________

Game of Thrones is probably my favorite TV series at the moment but I didn't read the books beforehand because well... I was 1 when the first book came out so that is my excuse and I'm sticking to it. This is another book that might take me a while to read because it is 801 pages and I have been taking frequent breaks to read other things.

However, I love the show now and I am dying to read the entire series. I am currently reading book 1: A Game of Thrones and I am really enjoying it so far. I was surprised at how closely the TV producers and directors were able to recreate George R.R. Martin's world.

______________________________________________________________

Lastly, I am reading Better When He's Bad. I love Jay Crownover and her Marked Men series so when I saw this book as the start of a new series, I had to jump on it and read it. I've literally just started reading this (like while I waited for my computer to update itself so I could write this post) and I am already falling in love.

I think Jay is an incredible author and I cannot wait to see how Bax compares to the Marked Men, who I love so so so much.

So, these are the three books that my brain is currently juggling and I would love to hear your thoughts on any of these books and what you are currently reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment about this post or whatever :)
Thanks for reading and commenting.